In America today, in fact, all over the world there are far too many people just living their lives from day to day. No more learned helplessness; enough with the despair! What this age, what this era truly needs is more people to stand up and start leading their life!
“The most dangerous leadership myth is that leaders are born-that there is a genetic factor to leadership. That’s nonsense; in fact, the opposite is true. Leaders are made rather than born.” Warren Bennis
I believe they make themselves!
This blog is written in honor of one of the most impressive leaders to appear in the Milky Way galaxy, President John F. Kennedy. His birthday is May 29th, and this year he would have turned a ripe 96 years old. Some can argue that he was born to be what he became, but I highly doubt that’s what he would say if he was asked.
No, we choose to be what we are, especially in a country like America where we still have the right, and the liberty, to remake and fashion ourselves through hard work and dedication. Here are three powerful commonalities we find when we break down the traits of motivational leaders and inspirational high achievers like Kennedy.
1) They set their vision in stone & commit to it
I’d like to share another quote with you, this time it’s about commitment. Kennedy, along with many prolific and history making leaders, have read it to themselves in times of great difficulty when serious matters hung in the balance. It was written by a man named Goethe, Johann Wolfgang Von. The original tongue is German, but this is the best translation in English:
“Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness. Concerning all acts of initiative and creation, there is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself, then providence moves too. All sorts of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred. A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one’s favor all manner of unforeseen incidents, meetings and material assistance which no one could have dreamed would come their way. Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now.”
Pretty powerful, right? In truth, before the leaders we respect took seats of great authority and influence, they were busy leading themselves. They crafted a vision and committed everything they had and everything they were to it. From Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. to the Dalai Lama and Steve Jobs, they led/lead their lives exactly to where they chose to go.
- In the long run what is a couple hours? Set aside some time to get down to brass tacks about where you’re actively leading your life.
- If you want to know why your life is where it is now, take a closer look at the things (and people) you’re committed to.
- If you’re not purposely crafting your vision then someone or something else (society for example) is doing it for you.
Amazing people set their visions and commit to them 100%, not 90%, or even 99%. They had a big picture idea of what they needed to accomplish in their lives and they used their strengths and passions to guide their daily work here on this planet.
2) Their every move is made with a clear intention
While it’s true that the proverbial road to hades is paved with a solid layer of good intentions, CLEAR, decisive, and informed intentions are a completely different animal altogether. When we look at the lives of unprecedented individuals that overcome immense odds, we see that they understood the important of live decisions and made them soberly. From one point on their timeline to the next, every move they make is a determined one. Even when things happened to them that was out of their control, they reacted with purpose in their step.
- Realize that even the tiniest of decisions can have profound consequences down the road. Sure, we can’t foresee the future, but we take every step forward with a clear goal in mind regardless.
- Stop giving your life over to the established collective comfort bubbles of consumer society. Stop handing your prosperity over. Lead your life one choice at a time. You’re not just here to breathe, pay your taxes, and “live.” You’re here to lead.
- There are no escalator functions on the path of life. You have to move and change, so why not do it on your own terms?
Highly regarded historical figures always move throughout their lives with intention. It doesn’t matter how they served our world and our species, they delivered their service with quality. They were persistent and despite adversities, trials, or legions of naysayers, they kept deliberately moving onward and upward towards their vision.
3) They never compromise their integrity
The third commonality I myself discovered about the people like Kennedy who I admire, is that they lead their extraordinary lives without compromising their integrity. They were honest with themselves and the world around them, and always acted in accordance to their highest and loftiest values even when it was really inconvenient, difficult, frightening, or costly.
Studies show that most people will endure serious discomfort to avoid confrontation or having to deal with something difficult. Don’t let that be you. Constantly caving and compromising goals, integrity, and commitment is synonymous with mediocrity and prolonged silent desperation.
- It’s impossible not to possess integrity. Where is yours focused? How are you applying your integrity in your life? How are you directing that energy?
- Whenever you find yourself being asked to compromise, consider the long term effects rather than temporary, fleeting, and short term unpleasantness.
- Fear is a tool most often used by those that seek to force others to compromise their integrity. Whenever someone or something is trying to influence you through fear, realize that you have the opportunity to reaffirm your mountain moving and miracle working commitment to the universe/your higher power.
Commitment, clear intention, and uncompromising integrity. Yep, that sums up Kennedy and those like him rather well don’t you think? Please, do everyone and the future of our world a huge favor and stop simply living your life – LEAD IT. Because once you start down that path, you’ll find throngs of amazing people waiting to join you.
Speaking of amazing people to join you, I’m conducting a seminar titled “2nd Paycheck Without A 2nd Job” on Saturday, June 22, 2013 in Plano, TX. This is your last chance to learn from me face to face, and interact with some truly amazing people who have taken their idea and turned it into a never ending cash-pit! I’m giving it all away – everything I learned during my journey to absolute financial freedom, which started with one tiny little step: the struggle to start earning a second paycheck every month without having a second job. We only have 21 seats remaining! And, they could all be sold out in a couple of hours. You have to take action right now and reserve your spot for the seminar that could change your life. So, join me on Saturday, June 22, 2013 in Plano, TX. We all need your inspiration.
To reserve your seat, head over to http://www.2ndpaycheckwithouta2ndjob.com/seminar/, click register now to make payment, after which, you’ll be directed to a dedicated registration page where you can enter your details. You will immediately receive a confirmation message that your spot has been reserved. It’s that simple! If you have any questions about the registration process, please email me at email@example.com
To your success,